Not only is Pizza 150 a special place, but it’s built on a very special, historical location. Although Pizza 150 is a brand-new building, we’re located on the site of the former Gilles Tap. The tavern opened up in our location in 1933, at the end of Prohibition. Operated by members of the Gilles Family, the tap was a long-standing favorite for many in the Peoria/Kickapoo area and was a big part of Kickapoo’s colorful history.
We’re proud to carry on the tradition started by the Gilles family and display many photos and some memorabilia from the old building throughout our restaurant. We are thankful to Bernie Gilles for sharing some of these items with us.